Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Help with Subset Function - Visokio Forums
Help with Subset Function
  •     vijay_chidambaram March 13, 2012 2:28AM
    Hi,

I am facing a little trouble in implementing Subsets and Filters in this particular situation.
    In the above (or attached) screenshot, when I select Quarter 4 from the side filter, Omniscope subsets all the data under Quarter 4 and applies it to all the above four views. But in the first view, which is a content view (marked with red star), I need to show the results of current quarter, previous quarter and have to calculate the difference in percentage between the two quarters. I tried various different methods to implement it but nothing worked for me. Could you please suggest me a solution to implement this. I have also sent the IOK file to support@visokio.com.

Thanks

Kind Regards
    Vijay
    Attachments
    Omniscope.png 91K
  • 1 Comment
  •     steve March 13, 2012 5:00AM
    For this to work you will currently need to have the view configured to show all data. A view of the "Filtered data" can't "see" data that has been filtered-out.

(There is an exception to this - using de-query in the view data subset menu - but this won't help identify the selected and previous quarters).

So, I suggest you:
    1. Create a choice variable that allows the user to choose which quarter they are interested in (listing all quarters).
    2. Use a formula field to identify which is the "current", "previous" and "do not show" quarters based upon the choice variable.
    3. In the formula field's category filter device, pick "current" and "previous", and create a named query.
    4. In the view Subset menu, choose that query.
    5. In your Content View formulae, you can now use SUBSET(formulaField, "previous") for example to identify those records which are in the previous quarter to that chosen in the variable.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged