Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Yahoo email download problems - Visokio Forums
Yahoo email download problems
  •     sherriff March 10, 2012 11:43AM
    I get frequent disconnects, authentication, mailbox busy errors when trying to download email from Yahoo Business Email account.

I have tried the Yahoo email download function numerous times in the past year and it has always been problematic. I would like to be able to build it into Datamanager data flow but it is not fast or reliable enough.

The problem may be to do with latency from the Yahoo servers and/or the fact that the Inbox has a large number of messages 100,000 unread and some millions in total which may cause a problem of time delay during access.

Any suggestions? Is there a fix for this? such as changing the protocol from POP3 to IMAP?
  • 1 Comment
  •     chris March 12, 2012 5:28AM
    Hi,

If your downloading emails from an inbox of this size (several million emails) we strongly recommend that you don't set a date range or apply any filters. This is because in order for Omniscope to apply these filters ALL the message headers must be downloaded.

You could try switching to IMAP, however I'm not sure if Yahoo Business email supports this.

If your experiencing a specific reproducible problem please provide us details of the configuration your using.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged