Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Applying Formatting across Tabs - Visokio Forums
Applying Formatting across Tabs
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     acohen July 1, 2009 12:33PM
    My one serious gripe about Omniscope is that it's difficult to standardise views across tabs. As newer, better versions of Omniscope come out you naturally want to update old reports. For instance setting the style to 'reporting mode'. There is no option(that I know of?) to do this over every tab at once. Instead you have to manually cycle through all the tabs and do it. This can very very annoying when you have 20+ tabs to go through.

The same applies to a particular view format. If you want to change the bar format on all bar views you need to manually go through each view in the report and change it. There is a setting that allows you to apply view settings to all other views but the problem is that it also applies the value settings!! so you lose your configured values!!
    Would love to see this flexibility added!
    Many Thanks, - Ariel
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve July 1, 2009 3:23PM
    Ariel - More flexible and powerful "apply to all tabs" commands are in the pipeline. Layout modes (such as 'reporting mode') applied to all tabs is early on the list.

Regarding the view format, e.g. in the Bar view: by "view configurations" you mean fields chosen for measures/splits/stacks/panes, correct? And you want to apply all OTHER settings (e.g. bar spacing, flipping, cascading, 100% bars, ordering) to all bar views in all tabs? - Steve
  •     acohen July 1, 2009 3:45PM
    Exactly right. I want to apply all(or even better 'any') format type settings(bar spacing etc etc) without changing the measure/splits/stacks/panes values. Thanks
  •     mustafa August 15, 2012 10:57AM
    Update on this idea there are several different options available in Omniscope to achieve some of this. Although, applying specific settings of a view to other similar views is still not possible.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership