Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Connector: BrandWatch update? - Visokio Forums
Connector: BrandWatch update?
  • VoteVote Up9Vote Down fyfey March 7, 2012 3:53PM
    I'm using Omniscope for the first time and i cant seem to find many of the Brandwatch filters - eg categories, site groups, etc. Can you please advise? I know that they are available via the API; is Omniscope not configured for these, or am i just missing something?
  • 11 Comments
  •     chris March 8, 2012 4:30AM
    Hi,

The Brandwatch feed currently allows you to filter by date, term, site credibility, site type, sentiment, language and country. What is the "Categories" filter that you mentioned? Is the "Site type" filter the same as "Site groups?". What other filters are required?
  • fyfey March 8, 2012 7:53AM
    Hi Chris,
    So there are a couple of things that are missing, i've tried to explain these below:

Categories
    Defined at an account level, ie these will differ between different user accounts. They are created within Brandwatch, then mentions are are allocated to categories based on meeting certain criteria. Data can then be filtered by the categories, & when we download data from Brandwatch the categories appear as fields.

Site Groups
    Defined at an account level, a site group allows data filtering based on a user defined list of sites (eg BBC.co.uk, Guardian.co.uk, etc). This differs from a site type filter which works on the type that the domain belongs to (eg blog, forum, news, etc)

Query Groups
    Created at an account level to interrogate user defined groups of data queries. For example, this might create a category level pool of data based on a query group made up of competitors.

Make sense?
  •     chris March 8, 2012 10:32AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. This does make sense. We will investigate this shortly and if possible integrate these features into the connector.
  •     tjbate March 14, 2012 3:37PM
    Peter - I have re-classified this as an Idea...i.e. to update the Brandwatch Connector. Once we have the latest API and green light from Brandwatch, the full requirements (your post is a great start) and either votes from a number of agencies, or a LOT of votes from your own agency, we will progress this.
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel April 3, 2012 11:08AM
    Hi team Visokio - What's the latest re: the Brandwatch Connector? Did you get "latest API and green light from Brandwatch"?

How many votes is a "LOT" of votes, by the way? ;-)
    James Sandoval
    SVP & Managing Director, EMEA
    BrightTag

T: +44 7740 284 164
    E: jsandoval@brighttag.com
    Twitter: @checkyourfuel
  •     chris April 4, 2012 4:59AM
    Hi,

The API is actually the same API that we developed with, there are new features that have been mentioned that we need to investigate, however at the moment the Brandwatch connector is not high priority as there are other connectors/features that need updating/implementing more urgently.
  • checkyourfuel     checkyourfuel April 4, 2012 12:30PM
    Ok. Thanks. Timing?
    James Sandoval
    SVP & Managing Director, EMEA
    BrightTag

T: +44 7740 284 164
    E: jsandoval@brighttag.com
    Twitter: @checkyourfuel
  •     chris April 4, 2012 12:36PM
    We don't have any definate timescales at the moment, but possibly sometime in 2.8.
  •     indranildatta June 7, 2012 7:45AM
    I am trying to bring this up again. Is this a good time to revive our conversation about the Brandwatch connector?

We had a meeting with Pete (who started this thread) last month and we can see that there is quite a bit of hunger for an upgraded connector.

Chris, what is your view on this? How can we help?

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     chris June 7, 2012 8:44AM
    Hi Indranil,

We do plan to upgrade the Brandwatch connector, and as mentioned previously we hope to do this in 2.8, however at the moment we have a number of other connector upgrades and additional features that we are working on. Unfortunately this is not high priority right now.
  •     chris July 18, 2012 11:20AM
    Hi,

We would like to update the Brandwatch connector. If this is something that you require then ideally we would like to have a short telephone conversation so we can identify the exact requirements. If this is something that anyone would like us to implement please contact us at: support@visokio.com. Once we have identified the requirements I will keep everyone up to date on this forum.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership