Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Countif function - Visokio Forums
Countif function
  •     Phillipa March 7, 2012 4:02AM
    Hi,

I am trying to use a Countif function in a nested IF function but can't seem to find it in the functions list.

Is it possible in Visokio?

Thanks for any help.
    Phillipa
  • 4 Comments
  •     indranildatta March 7, 2012 4:11AM
    Hi Philipa,

You can definitely do that Omniscope. There are multiple ways:

1. Please check the SUBSET functions. There are different ways you can count - UNIQUECOUNT, EMPTYCOUNT, NONEMPTYCOUNT depending on what your requirements are.

2. For really simple cases, something like IF(condition satisfied, 1, 0) would generate a count field.

3. Also please explore the DECLARE function for nested IF conditions.

If you need the exact formula, please post an IOK file with the data setup.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     chris March 7, 2012 4:20AM
    Hi Phillipa,

I'm assuming that you want to count the number of cells that match a certain criteria. For example in the human resources demo dataset if we wanted to count the number of people with a greater than 6% pay rise we could use something like this:

RECORDCOUNT(SUBSET([Next salary increase %], 6, ">"))

Which returns a value of '96'.

If this does not resolve your problem please post some sample data and a description of what your trying to do.

•     Phillipa March 7, 2012 8:26AM
    Thanks for the help. I managed to get the required result by using the recordcount(subset2) function nested in an if function.

I had 12 nested if clauses and it took me a while to work out how many brackets I needed and where. I had 2 brackets after each nested if function and 15 brackets at the end.

The program accepted other variations of brackets but I kept on getting false values.

Phillipa
  •     steve March 12, 2012 1:40PM
    Tip: in the formula editor, hover the mouse over a bracket and you'll see the sub-expression it surrounds highlighted in yellow.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership