Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Bar/Line View -Trend lines for line graphs? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Bar/Line View -Trend lines for line graphs?
  • VoteVote Up5Vote Down     rajeshbalu29 March 2, 2012 3:12AM
    Hi - Can we have option for adding trend line in a line graph. Please find the attached Excel option which is highlighted with the trend line option for a line graph.
  • 8 Comments
  •     rajeshbalu29 March 2, 2012 3:17AM
    I have already added this chain with an existing one.
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1124
  •     steve May 8, 2012 1:25AM
    Summary of this idea: a linear best-fit/trend line in the Bar/line view.

Currently you must use the Graph view for this; configure the X/Y columns appropriately and see the Stats menu. Have you tried this?
  •     paola May 8, 2012 7:27AM
    Yes, please, although we should try to accommodate non-linear trend shapes too - exponential, moving average, polynomial, log etc. as a choice.
  •     rajeshbalu29 May 25, 2012 4:51AM
    Hi All,
    Please find the sample Iok file in which I would require to add the trend line for the blue line. I have also attached the excel file with the same data which has the trend line.
    Please help me out for creating the same in Visokio.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Rajesh B
  •     steve May 25, 2012 8:38AM
    Rajesh,

I'm not sure why you're using formula measures when you just need to select "Final Global" (sum) and "Final Global-Sev" (non-empty count, after toggling "Common functions").

Regardless, see attached. While you can't add a trend line in the Bar/line view, you can achieve the same graph as seen in Excel (without the stacked bars), using a Graph view.

Steve
    Attachments
    Trendline_test2.iok 193K
  •     rajeshbalu29 July 30, 2012 2:59AM
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the updates but can this be incorporated in the bar chart on adding the trending line which you have showed me in the graph view... This is required as the user want the bars as the number of tickets and line as the stability line trend and the trend line for the stability count.

Please let me know incase of any further clarifications.

Regards
    Rajesh B
  •     steve August 2, 2012 8:24AM
    Rajesh,

We've been looking at ways of creating this using scripting and formulae, but there is no simple solution. You will need to wait until we have developed support for trend lines directly in the Bar view, which will not be until 2.9 at the earliest.

Steve
  •     steve August 2, 2012 9:55AM
    As a stop gap, we have introduced a new formula function TRENDVALUE to 2.8 which, when calculated over the weekly-aggregated data, allows you to achieve this.

Since you want to mix stacked bars with trends of unstacked data, this must all be done in DataManager by aggregating by Week, calculating the trend line, and merging back with the original data (to keep the stacks). This means any filtering done locally won't recalculate the trend for the new subset.

I've attached the files. These comprise "Trendline_data" (your original data) and "Trendline_test3" (your original views, with a DataManager model that loads data from "Trendline_data", and adds the week trend calculation).

You should may be able to open and view the end result in earlier versions, but won't be able to refresh, or explore how it was built in DataManager, until tonight's build of 2.8.

See also the screenshot:

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership