Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Formulas -formatting in content view - Visokio Forums
Formulas -formatting in content view
  • TimS June 29, 2009 12:26PM
    Quick questions -

When I enter formulas in content view, the spaces that I insert between them are automatically deleted when the formula is evaluated. I would like to either have the formula result in the middle of a block of text, or would like to create a rough table of results from this - so either way it would be helpful to have the formulas evaluated in the formatting that they are in-putted with. Is this possible?

Thanks

Tim

PS - on that note - are there any plans to incorporate some kind of table view -so that we could enter formulas into different cells, etc.?
  • 1 Comment
  •     steve June 29, 2009 1:07PM
    Tim,

In future the Content View will support rich editing of text, allowing you to style different parts using different fonts, colours and paragraph alignment. We might also support embedding tables of content.

Until this is available, you can enter basic HTML tags into this view, and when you commit the edit, they will appear as rendered HTML. For example, enter the following to create a 2x2 table:

Value 1A
    Value 1B

Value 1C
    Value 1D

Or, enter the following to create a pre-formatted block of text where the white-space is preserved:

Text with whitespace

You can also enter links (using ...) and other basic HTML tags (such as text).

We don't have plans for what you suggest. This would be like a mini Excel spreadsheet, where free-form modelling (i.e. arbitrary formulas in each cell) is permitted. In theory this could be done using the Content View (as outlined above, or in future via a WYSIWYG text editor). Omniscope is designed to allow you to structure your data more rigidly than Excel, which has many benefits. Can you give a real-world example of what the table might contain?

Steve

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership