Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Defaulting to previous month - Visokio Forums
Defaulting to previous month
  • vthiruv2 February 29, 2012 9:30AM
    I have a set of source columns named as "January, February, through December " and these values contain numeric values. At the beginning of the year, only the values for January have been filled out. At the beginning of each month, the values for that month's column will be filled up. Is there a function to set the default value of the rest of the months values to the last non null value?

For e.g., In January, I want to default the rest of the months values to the January values. In February, March through December should have the February values.

• 4 Comments
  •     steve March 1, 2012 2:03AM
    Can you post a sample data file illustrating what you mean?
  • vthiruv2 March 1, 2012 7:43AM
    Here's my sample data. The data for February through December should default to the data in January for each row. However, when the February numbers are entered in the source data, the data for March through December should be filled in with February's data and so on.
    Attachments
    Sample.xlsx 11K
  •     steve March 1, 2012 7:59AM
    See attached, with comments in the DataManager blocks (see the speech bubble icon).
  • vthiruv2 March 2, 2012 7:46AM
    Steve.
    This works great and I have learnt a thing or two from your solution.
    Thanks you for your dedication and time to put in this effort.

Vijay

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged