Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Table View-columns with formula - Visokio Forums
Table View-columns with formula
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     dszl136154 February 29, 2012 7:56AM
    Grouping values using formula would be very useful.
  • 9 Comments
  •     indranildatta February 29, 2012 8:01AM
    Hi Darius,

Could you please post an example? That'd be helpful.
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     dszl136154 February 29, 2012 8:16AM
    Attachments
    Grouping.PNG 24K
  •     alec_webliquid April 5, 2012 8:05AM
    I would also like this, i.e. for the given column, calculate the result shown when grouping from the grouped values in the columns it relies upon.

As an example of why, I am attempting to calculate the click-through rate (CTR) at every level of grouping: I have Clicks Recorded and Impressions Delivered being summed upon grouping, and I wish to have the CTR calculated from those summed values, i.e.

Grouped CTR = Grouped Impressions / Grouped Clicks

as this will give the overall CTR for e.g. a given publisher or country (crucially without having to aggregate the data first).

E.g. from my screenshot below, CTR for 'All CH' would be
    1979 / 2597238 = 0.00076196 = 0.076196%

Cheers

Attachments
    omniscope_grouping.JPG 63K
  •     steve April 5, 2012 2:08PM
    In the table view, click the Formulas button, and switch the "Calculate" choice. This will do exactly what you are after - and calculate formulas upon grouped values.
  •     alec_webliquid April 9, 2012 5:18PM
    Ah perfect, thanks!
  •     alec_webliquid April 19, 2012 12:27PM
    Is it possible to do the same for aggregation? As in, to have the Aggregation Function set to Formula Result?
  •     indranildatta April 19, 2012 12:38PM
    Alec,

This is already available. If you click on the aggrgation menu, you can see that for the calcualted fields, you'll have an option "Formula result"

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     alec_webliquid April 20, 2012 4:31AM
    True, however 'preserve formulas in output' must be checked. This is all well and good if you are aggregating before your final data output, however I need the data in its most granular form so I can aggregate it in different ways in my various table views. Currently to preserve the formulas requires that all necessary fields be present (i.e. visible) but you do not always wish to show all these fields in the output. Also any divide-by-zero errors etc show up which is undesirable.

Would it be possible to have a similar system as for grouping (see Steve's comment above) where keeping formula fields in your final output is not necessary, so as to avoid the issues I mentioned?
  •     steve April 20, 2012 11:08AM
    I don't understand; how can you ask Omniscope recalculate formulas upon grouped/aggregated data where there are no formulas present?

If you are using the Aggregate block in DataManager, add a Field Organiser below with the formulas you need. These will be applied to the aggregated data. You can choose whether or not you "export" those formulas downstream or inside Omniscope.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership