Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Some suggestions for [any] piece of software. - Visokio Forums
Some suggestions for [any] piece of software.
  • Adam February 14, 2012 10:18AM
    Would be nice to have:
    Ctrl+click for adding/removing selections
    like normal, you know!
  • 8 Comments
  • Adam February 14, 2012 10:24AM
    Also, would be great if undo/redo worked for any operation, not just editing.
    e.g. I was setting up metrics and weighting for a fat graph, must have pressed something on the keyboard, and they all dissapeared. If only I could undo whatever that was, I wouldn't have to do it all again!

Related - don't accidentally delete a view - is there any way to get it back again?
  • Adam February 14, 2012 10:25AM
    Ah, that's obvious now. While you're adjusting metrics, one's mouse is hovering dangerous close to the "Remove All" button. This is one of these moments where I actually would like a "Are you sure?" dialogue!
  •     steve February 14, 2012 11:29AM
    Thanks for the feedback....

Ctrl+click is something we've generally avoided to support keyboard-less operation, except for consistency with Excel in the Table view. You simply click in sequence to add multiple selections in a given view, then use Deselect to clear. Should there be sufficient demand, we will put in an option to customise this.

Universal undo is a very desirable feature, agreed. We recognise that, absolutely. It gives you the freedom to explore the interface without fear of irreversible mistake. However it is hugely complex, and we have more pressing priorities in the short term.

You can use the "commit" option to commit tabs as you work. This is a single stage fallback you can "revert" to should you make a mistake. In the imminent 2.7, you can also copy and paste view settings around, allowing you to easily "backup" views in further tabs.
  • Adam February 14, 2012 11:55AM
    "Keyboard-less operation" ??? What is this, Minority Report?

Seriously though, thanks for the response.

I hadn't spotted the deselect option (don't suppose it has a keyboard shortcut? ^_^ ), so that's useful. I've been adding columns to the dataset in order to be able to sort and select for queries, which works, but adds undesired bloat..

This commit option seems useful too. Where do I find it?

Aside: how do I select the measure for a network view? It doesn't seem to have the little "v" for this as other views do, and I must have somehow picked a measure at some point when creating it... now I need to change it!

Cheers steve!

Adam

•     steve February 14, 2012 12:22PM
    Yes, of course this is Minority Report.

Ctrl+D to deselect
    http://www.visokio.com/shortcuts

Not sure I follow what you're doing "to sort and select for queries". Can you post some data?

"Commit" is in the tab menu, e.g. on right-click a tab.

Network view: "Node size" or "Line size"?
  •     tjbate February 14, 2012 12:30PM
    Adam - Windows 7/8 tablets/slates support Java and full Omniscope, but these devices do not have keyboards, so we need to design our interfaces 'keyboardless'...for your boss at the airport....as well as Tom Cruise ;>)
  • Adam February 14, 2012 12:35PM
    Ah, there's the Commit / Revert buttons. Yum yum.

Also - just noticed how my question re: network view doesn't make any sense. Disregard! I was being an idiot..

@tjbate - tried to think of a good quotation from Minority Report to end with, but it turns out it wasn't a very memorable film at all.... er...
  •     steve February 15, 2012 4:09AM
    Everybody runs, Adam

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership