Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
2.7 Map Files Inport own map - Visokio Forums
2.7 Map Files Inport own map
  •        benjamin February 14, 2012 4:10AM
    Hi

I have a pdf of a map and i would like to view postcode data over this on omniscope.

In map viewer however it only accepts ilf,vec,map files ...Is there any way they can accept pdf files or a method i can use to convert pdf to one of the acceptable map files.

Thanks

Ben
  • 4 Comments
  • antonio     antonio February 14, 2012 6:42AM
    Convert the pdf to an image file, then you can import it
  •     steve February 14, 2012 7:09AM
    Note that you can't import an arbitrary image and expect the data points to line up. You can stretch data points across the map using a linear transformation, but this only works for small areas where the map projection is effectively linear. Otherwise you will need to either use the world map or place the markers yourself inside Omniscope.
  •        benjamin February 14, 2012 7:21AM
    Basically i have a pdf of the proposed high speed rail network and would like to plot postcodes on this map so i can see how/close far each postcode is from the proposed route.

Any ideas on how i either convert pdf to one of the associated files etc ?Or another option to which encompasses the above idea ?
  •        daniel February 15, 2012 7:23AM
    If it is UK data, you can use the OS Easting and Northings values then plot those using the linear transformation. You can get those values using the convert functions

CONVERT_LATLONG_TO_OSGBX
    CONVERT_LATLONG_TO_OSGBY

The OSGB values will be effectively linear so it will fit nicely over a flat imported UK map when you apply the transformations.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership