Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
DataManager: Copy & paste text inside blocks? - Visokio Forums
DataManager: Copy & paste text inside blocks?
  •     sherriff February 12, 2012 6:20AM
    I often find myself having to manually type URLs and other complex strings into Omniscope DataManager Source and Operations blocks, such as:

Source>URL and
    Operations>Text mine>Entity extraction.

Is there a way to enable Cut and Paste to save time and typing errors?
  • 4 Comments
  •     steve February 14, 2012 4:22AM
    Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V work in both these fields. What precisely doesn't work?
  •     tjbate February 14, 2012 6:10AM
    Chris - Can you be more specific about which exactly source/destination is not allowing you to use the keyboard shortcuts here:

http://www.visokio.com/shortcuts

The shortcuts SHOULD work from browser toolbars for URLS, and from Notepad text files for keyword lists, etc. into all the blank input fields in DataManager.
  •     sherriff November 26, 2012 10:49AM
    I am not able to use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste data within DataExplorer fields. Is this a problem specific to me or is this a limitation in DataExplorer?
  •     tjbate November 27, 2012 6:08AM
    Chris- DataExplorer is an expandable grouping of tabs that visualise the 'loaded', in-memory data set (blue Omniscope box) resulting from the preparatory flows defined in the DataManager workspace. Are you trying to paste data into the Table View cells, or some other part of a DataExplorer tab, like view headers/footers, tab headers/footers etc.? Is it a text-only tab?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged