Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
subset_UniqueCount behaviour - Visokio Forums
subset_UniqueCount behaviour
  •     schergr February 10, 2012 1:03PM
    I'd like someone to tell me if the behaviour that I'm seeing is correct and if its possible to modify this to achieve the intended outcome.
    I am using the subset_uniquecount function as follows

subset_uniquecount (field1,subset(field2,"value")) where value is the value which defines the subset and field 1 is the field to "UNIQUE on".

The behaviour that i'm seeing is that it appears to unique the entire data set BEFORE it evaluates the subset but than only returns the values that were unique in the subset. I want the UNIQUE to be performed on the subset giving me values that are unique in the subset, not in the larger set . Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the order of operations should evaluate from inside out, which doesn't appear to be the case. What am I missing?
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve February 11, 2012 2:20AM
    See attached. It all appears to be working as intended. Can you post a demonstrative file?
    Attachments
    Uniques.iok 6K
  •     schergr February 13, 2012 11:38AM
    Is "Intended" the behaviour I described?
  •     steve February 13, 2012 11:59AM
    The intended behaviour of subset_uniquecount is to tell you the number of unique cells in the subset specified.

If you're using tokenised data, filtering by subset will exclude data on a whole-record basis; a record containing "a, b, c" will still contain "a, b, c" after filtering records by "b".

I'm not sure what you mean. I've posted a sample file above; if there's a fault, can you make this sample file demonstrate it, or can you post your file?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership