Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
R Integration: Installation with 3rd-party dependent packages? - Visokio Forums
R Integration: Installation with 3rd-party dependent packages?
  •     chris February 7, 2012 10:32AM
    Hi,

As you may or may not be aware, in Omniscope 2.7 we have introduced integration with the R statistics package.

Please use this forum post to ask any questions about the Omniscope/R integration and also to provide us with feedback. In particular we would be interested in:

- What problems you have encountered.
    - Any suggestions for improving the interface or overall functionality.
    - If you have any useful scripts that we could package with Omniscope and make available to all users.
  • 5 Comments
  •     chris March 7, 2012 8:31AM
    Hi,

Go to the video tutorials page (http://www.visokio.com/video-tutorials) and click on the "R statistics" tutorial. This is a good introduction to the R statistics functionality that you can try yourself.

If you have any questions after watching this video let us know. Alternatively if you would like a more detailed demonstration please contact us directly.
  •     sherriff March 7, 2012 9:24AM
    Thanks a very helpful starter
  •     samd February 7, 2013 12:41PM
    How do you import 3rd party R package for use within Omniscope? Having installed R on the same machine as Omniscope, configured Omniscope to point ot R installation directory, and imported R packaged into R, when I try to invoke functions from within R script inside Omniscope, some of the dependent packages cannot be found. I suspect that it is a matter of proper configuration. Are there any insights or documentation on that functionality? Thanks
  •     chris February 8, 2013 7:00AM
    Hi,

All of the scripts you execute in Omniscope are executed directly in R. Have you tried loading the library inside the script? Can you give us an example of a script your trying to run and the 3rd party package that you are unable to use?
  •        daniel February 9, 2013 6:25AM
    I've been able to get R packages to load in the scripts, though I did notice that you had to enable packges which would be enabled by default in R like:

methods, foreign, sp, tools, lattice & grid

Perhaps it is a case those have to be loaded before you can load other packages which builds on those?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership