Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Modify data in source repos - Visokio Forums
Modify data in source repos
  •     schergr February 3, 2012 10:09AM
    is there a way for changed made directly to fields in Visokio tables to be reflected back to the sources (provided they are read/write) that they came from if there are not dependancies on formulas / transmformatios, etc...?

I think I know the answer, but its nice to be able to make changes directly in the tables (which are largely sourced from excel) and then have those reflected in the various views. I suspect that the only way to do this would be to create a table and export it back to Excel (the solution I came up with). Other thoughts/ideas?
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate February 3, 2012 12:27PM
    Greg - If you define a file Output block with the same name and location as the source spreadsheet, then each refresh cycle will read from that spreadsheet as defined in the file Source block, process all integration and transformational changes in-memory in Omniscope and finally write back a copy of the final data set to the same spreadsheet on disk. This is a good way to 'scrub' data visually.

As you point out, the formulae must all be inside the Omniscope blocks, because all formulae in the spreadsheet file will be overwritten with static data values.
  •     steve February 7, 2012 4:54AM
    Additionally, if your Excel source block in DataManager links directly to Omnsicope, as it would had you opened an Excel file from "File menu > Open", and you have edited in the Omniscope table view, when you save your IOK file, you will be prompted to "save back to source". Again, all data will be replaced with static values.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership