Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Merging different frequency data - Visokio Forums
Merging different frequency data
  • anna January 30, 2012 7:08AM
    Hello - I would like to merge two datasets where one contains daily data (multiple entries in one day), whereas the other file is monthly (single entry each month). Could you advise on the most efficient way to do that? My aim is to transform the daily file into monthly values. I'm planning to use the formula referring to the entries from both files so it's important to obtain the same data frequency beforehand. I would appreciate your help. Thanks Anna
  • 1 Comment
  •     indranildatta January 31, 2012 5:34AM
    Hi Anna,

For the benefit of other forum users, here's what we discussed on this issue. For time series data with date/time fields in different granularity, we need to use the Aggregate operation in DataManager to bring both the datasets to the same level. When you aggregate based on a date/time field, explore the options Histogram and Fixed interval size. Using these you'd be able to aggregate on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership