Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Installation: Removing old versions after update? - Visokio Forums
Installation: Removing old versions after update?
  •     sherriff January 27, 2012 10:42PM
    Question: is there any automatic way to remove old build versions of Omniscope after installing a new one.
    My machine keeps the old version. File shortcuts and start menu links continue to refer to the old version which results in often continuing to run out of date versions.
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve January 28, 2012 2:13AM
    Omniscope doesn't need removing normally, since new versions replace old versions when you reinstall.

It sounds like you've installed both to the system-wide location and the per-user-account location. In the installer, there's a choice for this; the latter doesn't require administrative privileges and is the default on Windows Vista/7+.

If you find yourself in this situation, you just need to uninstall one of the duplicate installations. We recommend always installing to the default location (i.e. user specific). If you are unsure, simply uninstall both versions using "Uninstall programs", then reinstall using the default options.
  •     sherriff January 28, 2012 10:39AM
    I usually install to all users as my personal default since several of my machines are used by other users and I want to give them all access to the latest build version even as free viewer. I may have installed differently one time, leaving a rogue old version.

I will monitor this on next build update and report back.
  •     steve January 29, 2012 9:18AM
    You can fix it now if you want, by uninstalling all copies and reinstalling the current version (no need to wait for another version). Licensing as always will be unaffected.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged