Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content View: Annotation? - Visokio Forums
Content View: Annotation?
  •     bgrovens January 27, 2012 2:15PM
    If you create say a report header tab, I usually create this as an annotation with a standard backgroud. It looks nice as is, however users have been asking to know when the report was last refreshed. I came up with a simple formula to give you the max date in the report. When I click on the annotation area the "F" for formula is not available. Can you please add the formula function to the annotation list. Therefore I could add a sinmple txt field to this screen with the last update of the report. A Content view will not suffice as it looks terible on the page and blocks out the standard background image. Please see my attached picture, as you can clearly see the F is not available.

Thanks, Brian
    Attachments
    Title.jpg 25K
  • 6 Comments
  •     michael January 30, 2012 5:34AM
    Hi Brian,

This is feasible. We are looking into it and will respond with a solution shortly.
  •     mustafa January 30, 2012 8:15AM
    I definitely recommend that you use the Content View, not only has does the Content view provide more options, but I don't see why you can't achieve the desired outcome using the Content view.

Note: You should be able to make Content view transparent by ticking "Transparent background" from "Tools > Toolbars and Styles" from Content view toolbar. By making the view transparent it should mean that background image gets shown.
  •     mustafa January 30, 2012 8:22AM
    If you are having problems trying to achieve the desired look and feel with Content View as opposed to Annotation can you post a screenshot + file with demonstrates the problem.
  •     bgrovens January 30, 2012 9:03AM
    Hi,

As you can see by the below picture this is what I have using the annotation. You can see that this is a clean cover page.

Using the Transparent Content View only opens to half of the screen. In addition you can still see a box that goes around the content view.

So my next question would be could you enhance the content view to look like the annotation area without the lines?
    Attachments
    Cover.JPG 103K
    ContentCover.JPG 103K
  •     mustafa January 30, 2012 12:08PM
    The lines you are seeing are the borders of the Content View.

It should be a simple case of turning off "Borders" from "Toolbars and Styles" menu from the Content view toolbar to have them disappear.
  •     bgrovens January 31, 2012 10:53AM
    This worked, thanks.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged