Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Pivot View: Improvements to Pivot 2 View? - Visokio Forums
Pivot View: Improvements to Pivot 2 View?
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     indranildatta January 26, 2012 7:21AM
    I've been recently getting a few questions from our prospects about multi-column pivots, so I revisited the Pivot 2 View and was pleasantly surprised to see the development in this view.

I'll take the opportunity to enlist a few enhancement requests that I have on Pivot 2:

1. An option to turn on/off the font sizing based on measure value.
    2. An option to turn on/off grids inside the pivot table.
    3. Options to place the vertical pane labels on top/bottom, and similarly a left/right option for the horizontal pane label..
    4. Option to set "No background color". Currently, even if I set the bg colour to white, it is set as grey.
    5. Seperate options to set the horizontal/vertical axis pane label orientations.

I think once we have these options, this view can completely replace the Excel pivot table option, so anything you can do to prioritise is highly appreciated.

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  • 2 Comments
  •     PhilMarson February 8, 2012 12:45PM
    Hi,

Just to support Indranil, I've just finished chairing a call for our Omniscope users Special Interest Group and the biggest gripe was that 'pivot tables aren't as powerful as in Excel' (sorry, no details).

We're only just starting to use Omniscope here, so still run into the "Excel can do it, so why can't this new tool?" objection. Powerful PivotTables are definitely a good thing for our users (nb we're not using the most recent version, so they haven't seen Pivot 2)

All the best.

Phil
  •     chris February 8, 2012 1:02PM
    Hi Indranil/Phil,

Thanks for the comments.

We are working on the Pivot2 view, and this functionality should be available early on in the next version of Omniscope (2.8).

We'll keep you posted with any new developments.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged