Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Scheduler: Log file full of clutter? - Visokio Forums
Scheduler: Log file full of clutter?
  •     TomRiggs January 25, 2012 1:24PM
    We were trying to diagnose an issue we were having with a scheduled task for OmniScope and when we review the log file it is just full of items that just do not need to be there as we do not use them. Example: NoClassDefFoundError {class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError "com/doubleclick/dart/Organization" and various others basically revolviing around the NoClassDefFoundError. Is there an easy way to somehow remove these as we do not use them unless they are part of Visokio and if they are how do I somehow get them properly set up?
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve January 25, 2012 1:54PM
    I've emailed you requesting the log file. Please also try:
    1. stopping the scheduler
    2. backing up the config file in the install directory "service\wrapper.conf"
    3. deleting it
    4. reinstalling - this will install a clean and up-to-date wrapper.conf file
    5. reapplying any customisations you had made to these configurations, if any (e.g. memory)
    6. and restarting the scheduler?

•     TomRiggs January 25, 2012 2:04PM
    Steve - thanks for the information. I have emailed you a small extract from the log file. I will work with my manager to see about performing the tasks listed above.
  •     steve January 25, 2012 2:15PM
    Thanks. If you haven't customised the wrapper.conf file, simply delete it and reinstall. The properties you most likely will have changed and will want to preserve will be "wrapper.java.maxmemory".
  •     TomRiggs January 25, 2012 2:48PM
    The data I sent you is from the log.txt file which is located in Documents and Settings\Omniscope\scheduler folder not the wrapper.log file.
  •     TomRiggs January 26, 2012 9:14AM
    The delete and reinstall cleared up the log file clutter. Thanks.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership