Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Network View - plotting nodes on maps? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Network View - plotting nodes on maps?
  • VoteVote Up10Vote Down     pkanther January 16, 2012 11:02AM
    Hi, I think it would be nice the Network View traffic flow nodes could incorporate map cordinates and the map view.

While Omniscope already has a Map View which can depict flows, the design of the Network CView is much better and an add on functionality for handling cordinates and plotting/fixing to a map in background whould be extremely useful.
  • 7 Comments
  •     steve January 16, 2012 11:33AM
    You can use "Connect markers" in the Map view to show lines between points. In this way a limited form of a network can be created.
  •     pkanther January 16, 2012 11:42AM
    Yes, in absence of the add on to network view, I have used that. However, various features are missing in it.

I am working with import export data and the network view looks excellent (inspite of map cordinates missing) as opposed to the map view. For example, the lines can not be made proportional to the values, The source, destinations, volume labels added to network view are more comprehensive and easy to understand and neat as opposed to when tried with map view. Also the difference in colors makes it look much more appealing.
  • Kirsten_Tisdale January 29, 2013 7:17AM
    In the meantime, is it at least possible to fix the location of network points? I tried importing a pic of a map, with key locations already marked, as background to the network, but as I move one node in the network, others move also, so I can't end up with them all in the right position.
  • Kirsten_Tisdale January 29, 2013 7:18AM
    Also should have asked, how do I vote - doesn't seem to "take"!
  •     tjbate January 29, 2013 2:29PM
    Kirsten - there should be counter displayed just to the left of the first post, currently showing 7 votes..including mine...

There is a lot of work going on related to ESRI integration and upgrades to the Map View, so this will be delayed somewhat until that is finished.
  •     paola January 30, 2013 4:33AM
    Kirsten, your vote is included in the current count. The system will not allow you to vote twice for the same idea.
  •     steve January 30, 2013 5:33AM

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership