Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Category Filters + Multi selection - Visokio Forums
Category Filters + Multi selection
  •     indranildatta January 16, 2012 4:48AM
    Hi,

Could you please answer the following questions regarding filters:

1. What’s the max categories for it to be displayed in the check-box function before it ends up like a search box?
    2. How am I going to multiple select in the search box? Eg: I want to choose SG, MY, TH, TW

Thanks,
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  • 3 Comments
  • antonio     antonio January 16, 2012 5:38AM
    1. After 50 different field values the check-box filter switches to a search box.
    Moreover, the boundary between Text and Category field typing is flexible and can be forced, at the cost of some performance….above the default number of unique values in give field the text filter will show, but forcing the categorisation of the field and the filter type will give you check box filters.

2. Text filters can filter on a list of multiple values usually entered with a dividing space (no comma) in the search field if you make sure the filter behaviour is set to "any".
    Another way to achieve is through regular expression, you can switch to Regular expression in Search type, then write a regular expression that has a OR rule to multiple select different values. Here is an example of regular expression to search for 2 values: ^valueA$|^valueB$ . In your case use ^SG$|^MY$|^TH$|^TW$

• antonio     antonio January 16, 2012 9:20AM
    Moreover you can use named queries to build up choices. So, you search in the filters, and create a query from filters. You then search for another word, and add to the query.
  •     steve January 16, 2012 10:12AM
    It is also possible to import a text file containing a list of multiple values. In the text search device's menu, choose to show Text Tools.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership