Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Content View: Changing background image for an HTML table? - Visokio Forums
Content View: Changing background image for an HTML table?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down     swallace January 13, 2012 10:53AM
    Hi there - I'm trying to change the background image of an HTML table in a Content view, however there doesn't seem to be an option to do this? The only way I've found to do this is to completely delete the table and rebuild it, which isn't ideal as all of the table contents need to be re-written (formulae, etc.). Please could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks, Scott.
  • 2 Comments
  •     michael January 13, 2012 11:23AM
    Hi Scott,

For now there is no such option to do it from the table menu. We will add this option soon.

Meanwhile as a temporary workaround if you familiar with HTML I can offer to you:
    1) make a copy of your .IOK file and do the following with your copy,

2) in the Content View insert your new background image just as a simple image somewhere near your table,

3) switch to "Edit HTML Source" mode ("< >" button),

4) in the code, find < img > tag with your new background image, e.g.:

< img src="embed://image/2.PNG" border="0" >

5) find < table > tag with your table, e.g.:
    < table cellspacing="0" style="background-repeat: none; background-image: embed://image/1.PNG" class="tlbrSmartBorderPale" top="#DEFAULT" cellpadding="0" >

6) change the name of the image in your table for what you have in < img > tag, e.g.:
    in the example, change
    "1.PNG"
    to
    "2.PNG",

7) if you want to change the size of the table with new background image you can find a line with width/height in pixels below table tag, that should look like:
    < td valign="top" align="left" width="481" height="160" >

change the width/height corresponding to the size of your new background image,

8) switch back to the design mode by "< >" button,

9) now you should see your new image as a background of your table.
  •     swallace January 13, 2012 11:57AM
    Great - thanks for the work around

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership