Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Security: How to share reports via Internet? - Visokio Forums
Security: How to share reports via Internet?
  • Kefsid January 13, 2012 6:48AM
    I wanna display my reports to our clients via Internet like kefsid.com/report but first they need to log in with their password and at the same time some of the data must be filtered according to their username so that they ll not be able to see the others data.

Is it possible?
  • 3 Comments
  •     chris January 13, 2012 8:29AM
    Hi,

There is no way to create a single report which adjusts the data depending on the password entered.

An alternative way to do this would be to create a DataManager workflow with a batch output. In the batch outputconfiguration file you can generate a separate report for each user, with the filters/password appropriate for that user. The batch output allows you to publish the report as a File, to a URL or email it directly to the user.

If you need more information on the batch output, see:
    http://tc.visokio.com/videos/?name=DataManagerBatchOutput

•     Maty February 23, 2012 12:21PM
    Hi Chris.
    I have used the BatchOutput which is great. However, I am missing on one feature: the ability choose tabs for an iok file. I can do it for pdf and power point files, how would that work for an iok? Is there a work around?

Also, preserve template formatting and formulas is not allowed for pdf, unfortunately without this option my views in the pdf output partially do not look like in the original file. What can I do?
    Many thanks, Matylda

Thanks
  •     chris February 23, 2012 12:50PM
    Hi Maty,

At the moment you can't choose which tabs you want to include when exporting as an IOK. If you want to do this you would need to use different template files. If you need this functionality please post as a separate idea.

In regards to preserve template formatting/formulas when exporting as PDF, it might be useful to arrange a short screen-sharing session so I can see this problem first-hand. I've send you a private email to set this up.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership