Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filter Options for menu in a tab - Visokio Forums
Filter Options for menu in a tab
  •     vijay_chidambaram January 5, 2012 8:41PM
    Hi again,

When I tried to select a particular set of metrics for the graph and apply it to a particular view, it gets either gets applied to all the views in the tab or to that kind of view in all other tabs. In short, I am looking for an option where I could apply the filter settings to that particular view in that particular tab. Hope I have made the question clear. Could you please help to fix the problem that I face.

Thanks

Vijay
  • 3 Comments
  •     michael January 6, 2012 10:18AM
    Hi Vijay,

If you want to create filters for a particular view:

1) Create "Named query" - go to the main toolbar dropdown button "Queries", "Create query from filters";

2) Then apply this query to your view - go to your view toolbar, "Subset" dropdown button, select your named query there.
  •     vijay_chidambaram January 9, 2012 8:21PM
    Hi Michael,

Sorry for not making the question clear. In order to support my question, I have attached 3 images. In Screen1 image, I have circled the filters that I was referring to. When I change the filter options in one view which I have circled in red, the options in the other view, which I have circled in blue, also changes. To illustrate the process, I have attached images which are named as Screen2 and Screen3 attached below. In screen2, I tried to show only two options for that axis for the users to select, but those same options gets selected in all other views of same type in the tab, which I have shown in screen3. So, my question is how make every view independent to each other, with respect to selecting options, under the same tab. Hope, I have made my question clear this time. Please let me know if it needs to be more precise.

Thanks

Vijay
  •     michael January 10, 2012 5:58AM
    There are two aspects:

1) How to show/hide Fields in local filters (it doesn't affect fields selection). You can do it only in a generic way by showing/hiding fields for a group of views. Please, read this forum post that discusses this issue in depth http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1105/miscellaneous-ui-enhancements.

2) Visible fields in local filters can be ticked/un-ticked independently. E.g. for your fields "Ctr", "AvgCostPerClick" in one chart you can tick one of them, and both in another.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership