Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Drive changes when publishing an output block - Visokio Forums
Drive changes when publishing an output block
  •        benjamin December 29, 2011 11:51AM
    Hi

I have a file which is refreshed/upadated/output blocks published automatically from a server omniscope licence.

Now , the output block publishes the file to a shared drive .

Every couple of months the location which the ouput block publishes the file to changes without any user changing these settings.It appears to save the file to the users C drive.It appears to do this when a user changes and saves the file on a data manager licence and not on a server licence.

Also when you publish a file using the ouput blocks it saves it to i.e J drive (after browsing and selecting the location) say and it does not allow you to enter the full path (I.e the mapping of the J drive ).

Any help would be much appreciated as this is a reoccuring problem

Thanks

Ben

• 3 Comments
  •     steve January 2, 2012 9:51AM
    Ben, is it possible that the user is moving the file using Windows Explorer?

When an IOK file is saved, it maintains *relative* paths to external files and folders. So if you have an output block saving to "J:\xyz\out.csv" and save the IOK as "J:\xyz\model.iok", then externally move the IOK file to "C:\model.iok", when you open it, it will be outputting to "C:\out.csv" instead.

For the second point, do you mean UNC network paths such as "\\server\share\path\to\file.csv"? This should work in the file dialog, although you will need to enter at least "\\server\share"; entering just "\\server" isn't supported.
    If you mean HTTP-based paths such as SharePoint or WebDAV, you'll need to map these as network drives, or experiment with the URL output block using FTP (or HTTP PUT, but this is unlikely to be supported by most servers).
  •        benjamin January 3, 2012 12:59PM
    Hi
    It seems to switch adhoc between the location saved and the C drive .

Thats correct , i do mean UNC paths .The problem is if i export excel files i cannot see the option to enter the UNC path .When i click on the location window i cannot edit the path.I have to click on browse and select the location that way which does not let me enter the full UNC path but instead only allows the mapping path (I.e J :\\ is returned and not the \\server\share path i would like)
  •     steve January 3, 2012 3:17PM
    Can you deliberately reproduce the location issue over a join.me session?

Is it possible the other location is temporarily unavailable, ever?

In any Omniscope file dialogs, you should be able to browse to the network location, or simply enter "\\servername\sharename\" and start browsing from there. Once you select a location, you'll see the UNC path in the text field next to the browse button. Do you get this?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership