Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Ignore null entries while calculating functions - Visokio Forums
Ignore null entries while calculating functions
  • VoteVote Up2Vote Down     indranildatta December 20, 2011 6:26AM
    Hi,

It will be a useful option to be able to switch on/off the null/empty entries in a column while applying a grouping function to the column. This can be made available as an additional choice in the same drop-down to choose default function.

Also, can this behaviour be replicated currently in any way?

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve December 20, 2011 6:41AM
    Please can you post an example.
  •     indranildatta December 21, 2011 8:29AM
    Hi Steve,

Please check the attached IOk file for an example.

What I want to achieve:

In the summary row of the table view, I would like to show the last non-null value of the field "Pacing to Date". Right now it would show null, which is correct, the last row is indeed set to an empty string through the formula, but we often get requirements where it would be better if we could ingore the empty values.

I hope this makes the requirement clearer.

Cheers!
    Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY
  •     steve December 21, 2011 1:18PM
    Thanks for the clarification. In tonight's b173: new choices "First/last non-empty value".
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership