Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Batch output configuration - Visokio Forums
Batch output configuration
  •     Kiddo29 December 16, 2011 4:59AM
    Hi All,

I'm using batch output to create multiple iok files. In filter rules for the iok's with only one filter ( [Market]=[UK] ) for instance everything works fine.

But for some reason when i select multiple filters the iok's have no data in them

I've tried both of these syntax and still no joy so if you could let me know the correct way of writing the filtwers that would be great.

Filter rules:

[Market]=[UK],[Market]=[Spain],[Market]=[France]

[Market]=[UK],[Spain],[France]

None of the above work.

Thanks
  • 7 Comments
  •     chris December 16, 2011 5:06AM
    Hi,

It sounds like you need to change the filter condition. The default matches on ALL rules (boolean AND). You need to change this to match on "ANY" rule.

So, in the "Filter match" column enter "any" and in the Filter rules column enter
    "[Market]=[UK],[Market]=[Spain],[Market]=[France]".

•     Kiddo29 December 16, 2011 5:13AM
    Great it worked! thanks allot for that.

Now i've done this, is there any way to set the default filters in the dashboard?
    With batch out being multiple markets when you first open the new iok all three markets are selected which doesn't make sense for this particular view (only one market should be viewed at a time).

So is there a way of being able to output multiple markets but when you open the iok only one market is selected?

Thanks
  •     chris December 16, 2011 5:53AM
    Hi,

You can do this by creating a template file with the view configuration and filtering you require, so in this case you would ensure the market that you want to be selected is selected in the template file's device bar.

In the batch configuration file enter the template location in the "Template file" column.

After publishing the data you should see the filters that you set up in the template retained.
  •     Kiddo29 December 16, 2011 8:02AM
    Yep all make perfect sense but I'm batch outputting over 30 iok files off of one template.

So in order for the correct filter to be enabled i'd need to create a seperate template file for each out put iok?

Kind of defeats the purpose of out putting them in the first place? :)

Is there another way around this?
  •     tjbate December 16, 2011 8:12AM
    Kiddo - The empty template IOK files are usually just clones of your master Report IOK, initially with only a few filter settings different for each recipient. It takes no time at all to create them..

Over time, each Report IOK recipient may wish to modify and maintain their own templates. You just substitute their empty, self-personalised template files in the template folder....Scheduler refresh and distribution is all automatic.
  •     steve December 16, 2011 8:44AM
    Or use one template but change the Market device to be "Restrict to single value".
  •     Kiddo29 December 16, 2011 9:14AM
    Ok great - thanks Steve, I'll use one of these options

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership