Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Sum fields in one table as input to another stream - Visokio Forums
Sum fields in one table as input to another stream
  •     schergr December 13, 2011 2:15PM
    Not sure if I described that right, but here's what I'm trying to do. I have a table which has five colums that I want to sum up (may result in a + / - number) and I want to take them and assign them to variables (or somehow leverage them) so that I can use them in another stream (calculated into a forumals to offset other values and then calc that into a graph).

I've attached a view of the navigator. The tree on the right will result in the single row of five values that I want to sum and then use as "inputs" to a formula in the tree on the right.

Hope that makes sense, interested in your ideas.

Greg
    Attachments
    flow.jpg 2M
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate December 14, 2011 7:10AM
    Greg - We don't see the attachment? Presumably this could be a multi-file solution?
  •     schergr December 14, 2011 9:15AM
    do you see it now?
  •     tjbate December 14, 2011 9:28AM
    Yes, we can see it now.....why are you trying to all this within a single IOK file...?

Omniscope is designed to scale up to more complex processes and data transformations via 'chains' of IOK files that run/refresh sequententially and even automatically pass parameters as well as processed/refreshed data sets between files.

I have emailed you a suggested multi-file reference architecture.
  •     steve December 14, 2011 9:48AM
    Can you not use Aggregate to collapse into a single summary field (until we support this directly you will need to aggregate by a field containing a single value in the entire column), then merge this 1-row result with the rest of your data. You will now be able to refer to these values using SUBSET_SINGLETON([field from first file]).

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership