Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Maps with inserts dont work - Visokio Forums
Maps with inserts dont work
  • Phil May 18, 2009 1:02AM
    If you use the Australian map, it has tasmania as in insert in the bottm right of the map, but if your using lat and long figures then this throws them off the map, may be beter not to use map inserts
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve May 28, 2009 5:23PM
    Thanks for the feedback, Phil. We've corrected the Australia map so the inset is now correctly recognised. Points placed on Tasmania have correct lat/lon, and vice versa - points with lat/lon in tasmania appear inside the map inset.

You'll need tonight's build of 2.5 (b196) or later for this to work. In older versions of Omniscope, the old behaviour will take effect as if the inset wasn't there.
  • Phil May 31, 2009 12:06PM
    Hi Steve
    I downloaded b196 but still had the problem, i downloade the Austalian map agai and still had the issue
    Is there anything i need to to to correct?
    Cheers
    Phil
  •     steve June 1, 2009 8:41AM
    Phil,

I've checked that b196 has the fix, and the map on our website has been updated. Can you try closing and restarting Omniscope before trying again?

Here's how I tested it:
    * I chose "Open map" from the welcome screen, and chose Australia. The first test, I was prompted to download the updated map; you should only see this once, and never again.
    * I added another map view, and changed it to the World map.
    * I set both map views to be in "Mode: Place marker".
    * I placed some markers in mainland Australia, on both maps, and each time verified they appeared on the other map.
    * I did the same for Tasmania.

When placing markers on the World map in Tasmania, this creates valid lat/lon values for the problem case you are referring to. In my test, I saw them appear in the correct position on the inset map.

Note: placing markers in the small part of mainland Australia in the inset map won't work, as this area is duplicated in the main map.

Can you give some sample lat/lon values that are broken?

Steve

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership