Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Layout: Sub Tab Groupings? - Visokio Forums
Layout: Sub Tab Groupings?
  •     TomW December 7, 2011 5:11AM
    Hi, I was wondering if it was possible for Omniscope presentations to have sub tabs in them?

By this I mean that when I click on the current tab structure, below that a further set of options are available, e.g. I have one tab that is Buzz and below that I am then given the options of Facebook, Twitter, General etc. When you click on any of these sub-tabs a new page appears with this information in rather than having to click on the device bar. These sub tabs would change depending on the top tab you select.

Is this possible or is there a way that something similar can be done with Macro type set up? i.e. can I put a line of queries along the top of the tab?

Thanks
  • 12 Comments
  •     steve December 7, 2011 6:04AM
    Not presently. Currently you can hide tabs, but not group them. You however can choose instead to show the tabs as a device in the sidebar, where you *can* group them under headers.

I've reclassified this as an Idea.
  •     TomW December 7, 2011 7:44AM
    Thanks Steve, that way works well.

Out of interest is there a way of hiding certain groupings (i.e. the relevant ones for the tab I am on) or do I have to have all of them showing up?
  •     steve December 7, 2011 7:52AM
    No. Pending interest we'll implement sub-tabs properly, in which case you'll only see the 2nd level tabs for the 1st level grouping currently open.
  •     steve December 7, 2011 9:12AM
    Another idea is to allow you to customise whether a given tab is visible or not per tab. So for example, on tab 1, you might want to reveal all tabs (like an index page). On tabs 2,3 you might only want to show 1,2,3. On 4,5, only show 1,4,5. Etc.

Another option you have is to use a Content View with the Link button used to insert links to tabs. Then hide the tab bar. In this way you can create tiny thin content views containing custom 'tabs' for each tab.
  •     TomW January 12, 2012 2:49PM
    I have been playing around with using a sidebar as my navigation rather than the tab bar across the top. One question I have is am I able to hide certain tabs from the sidebar as currently my datamanager is active and I would rather the user did not have the ability to see this as it is not important for them.

Thanks
  •     mustafa January 13, 2012 5:11AM
    Thomas, the problem with sidebar tabs device box not reflecting the hidden tabs should be fixed in 2.7 b195.
  •     TomW January 13, 2012 5:31AM
    Many thanks
  •     mustafa January 13, 2012 5:48AM
    Thomas, I would like to add you don't need to have your DataManager tab always present, you can always delete the tab and add it later - your DataManager settings will remain even after deleting the tab. When you add the DataManager tab or the DataManager view you will see your old settings.

Also, you can hide individual tabs without deleting them from Tabs menu (from the main toolbar), or by right-clicking a tab's name and hiding tabs from "Visible tabs" menu. The fix I have done relates to where "Visible tabs" state wasn't being reflected in the sidebar Tab device box.
  •     TomW January 16, 2012 5:13AM
    I did not know that about the data managers that is useful to know that it keeps all of the settings.

In regards to your response regarding b195 fixing the problem of not being able to hide tabs in a sidebar, is there a certain way I need to hide the tabs from the sidebar because when I press hide, it hides the tab from the tab bar but not the sidebar?
  • antonio     antonio January 16, 2012 6:09AM
    Unfortunately, there is no way to hide tab from the sidebar and not from the main toolbar. Hiding the tab from the sidebar or toolbar will hide the hidden tab from all the options. You could post this as an idea in the Ideas section if you wish to get it implemented.
  •     TomW January 16, 2012 6:51AM
    Sorry I have worked out why the update hadn't made the relevant change. I installed b195 but it kept running my older version for some reason when I installed for all users rather than myself only but now it works fine.

Sorry for the confusion
  •     mustafa April 22, 2013 6:13AM
    We have now add the ability to create sub-tabs, see here for more information.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership