Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering: different data subsets in different views on the same tab? - Visokio Forums
Filtering: different data subsets in different views on the same tab?
  • MediaCom December 6, 2011 12:20PM
    Hello - I have a tab that refers to a number of different products. I have 3 charts one showing the volume sold the other showing the % each product makes up of the total sales mix. I am now trying to create a 3rd chart that allows the user to search for a product and show its sales across time. However I want to be able to do this without losing what is on the other charts. At the moment I can only seem to get it to filter the data on all 3 charts. Is there a way of applying different filtering to charts on the same tab? I think this might be a query but I'm not sure? Thanks
  • 2 Comments
  •     tjbate December 6, 2011 12:41PM
    Colin - You can have any number of views on a tab, and each of these views can point at a different subset of the data, usually done by defining a named query for each view and pointing that view's individual Subset setting to that persistent file-wide named query.
  •     indranildatta December 6, 2011 12:44PM
    Hi,

You can accomplish this through a combination of named queries and de-query options. Please allow me to explain what each of these options would accomplish:

Query: This option allows you to save and re-use a specific subset of data that you have initially filtered using any number of filtering devices. You can create a named query very easily using the "Create query from filters" option from the Query dropdown,

Once you have saved a named query, you can apply that to any view from the Data Subset menu drop-down at the left of each individual views.

De-query: This option is also available from the Data Subset menu in individual views. If you choose a specific column in this sub-menu, then the filtering gets disabled for that specific column for the view, but you can still filter based on other columns.

Please let me know if this helps. If you have any specific examples that you can upload, I will be happy to help on that.

Cheers! - Indranil
    Indranil Datta
    Invizua Limited - www.invizua.com - Dedicated to Media, Marketing Services and Market Research Organisations
    M: +44 7956 470 046 | E: indranil.datta@invizua.com | Skype: indranildatta1 | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/indranildatta | Twitter: @indranildatta

Address: Studio 6, 36-42 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EY

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership