Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Bugi n data viewer - Visokio Forums
Bugi n data viewer
  •     Kiddo29 December 6, 2011 8:16AM
    Hi All,

Urgent one here.
    In a couple of bar charts in my dashboard i hide the axis and also have it set to a specific metric (as you do).
    Now when i upload this to the server and then open the iok via jnlp and data viewer the axis in the bar charts are now visible and the metric for the axis has changed!!

Can you let me know how to fix this asap please as i need to publish this for the client today!

Thanks
  • 7 Comments
  • antonio     antonio December 6, 2011 8:34AM
    Hello,

Can you check if you have the same version of Omniscope application and free Viewer?
    Maybe you saved the file with the latest Omniscope build, but you are opening it with an older version of the free Viewer?

Regards
  •     Kiddo29 December 6, 2011 8:39AM
    Ok - latest build of omniscope i have is 2.6 818 x64
    How do i tell what version of data viewer we have?

Cheers
  •     Kiddo29 December 6, 2011 8:59AM
    data viewer: 2.7 build 128
  • antonio     antonio December 6, 2011 9:23AM
    Can you try to use the same 2.6 version for the free Viewer and let us know what happens?
  •     Kiddo29 December 6, 2011 9:25AM
    Hi - just downloaded the latest alpha verion of omniscope - 2.7 from golapogos. Now whats happening is that i'm changing the axis in one tab of a bar chart and it's reflecting those changes within another ber char5t on a seperate tab!

Please help - and also moving forward i would say that it is essential that you make users aware of all the changes that are being made in the new versions so we know if we need to go back to dashboards which were created in older versions of omniscope and change things
  • antonio     antonio December 6, 2011 9:33AM
    Hi , I just sent you an email to give support.
  •     steve December 6, 2011 1:05PM
    We take great care to ensure that existing reports behave consistently in newer versions of the application. If this doesn't happen, it's quite likely it wasn't intentional, and we need to hear about it so we can fix it - this is what the alpha programme is for.

If you choose to use the alpha version, you should be aware of the implications. You will get to use new features as they are developed, and give feedback on them. But you will also be exposed to higher risk of behavioural glitches.

In this case please could you post a screenshot or a demonstrative IOK file which shows clearly what is happening when you say (at the top of this discussion) the axis is visible and the metric has changed. This kind of thing should not be happening at all.

Please also give more detail on the issue with bar charts on one tab being affected by changes on another. This should only happen if you choose to apply settings to other bar charts, or if you have advanced tabs configured - these will show with italic tab names.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership