Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Ideas: Minimizing views? - Visokio Forums
Ideas: Minimizing views?
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down Alexander     Alexander December 5, 2011 9:47AM
    Hi - I have several views on 1 tab. I would like the option of minimizing certain views so that the user can choose which view he wants to show. Just like the filter options, I visualise the idea that by double/clicking on the title, the view collapses or expands.
  • 10 Comments
  •     steve December 5, 2011 10:14AM
    Can you use the maximise icon next to the close icon in each view?
  • Alexander     Alexander December 5, 2011 10:49AM
    To maximize, your solution is perfect. What I could use is the possibility to show 2 or 3 views on a tab where more views are available. The purpose of this idea is that you can make tab more complex, and give the user the possibility to select only the views that are the most valuable for him.
  •     steve December 5, 2011 11:17AM
    Why not allow them to add/remove views at will? The add view menu can be tailored - see Settings > Advanced tab settings > View restrictions.
  • Alexander     Alexander December 5, 2011 11:20AM
    Hi Steve, Is this available for viewer users as well?
  •     steve December 5, 2011 12:26PM
    Ah, no.
  •     steve December 6, 2011 4:48AM
    What you're talking about is effectively bending the rules for what constitutes "viewing" a report. Providing every view, and allowing users to choose which ones they want, is equivalent to allowing users to add their own views. You can choose to create a tab with every view, or create lots of tabs with different sets of views, but we're unlikely to expend any development effort helping users of the free viewer, effectively, to configure new views in this way.
  • Alexander     Alexander December 6, 2011 5:04AM
    I understand. Yet I think my case is not completely clear. I made different views on one tab that I want to be viewed with the online viewer. To create more space per tab, we would like to be able to collapse certain views. (This prevents the users from endless scrolling in table views for example)
  •     steve December 6, 2011 6:43AM
    You can minimise views using the little triangle icons in the dividers which appear when you mouse-over them.

Have you tried the multi-page document layout option in the Style menu?
  • Alexander     Alexander December 6, 2011 7:34AM
    Thanks! Is it correct that the multi-page document layout option is only available in 2.7?
  •     steve December 6, 2011 12:52PM
    Yes

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged