Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Display-Configure fixed number abbreviations - Visokio Forums
Idea: Display-Configure fixed number abbreviations
  • VoteVote Up5Vote Down aknotts     aknotts November 29, 2011 7:47AM
    Hi

What are the break points for the number abbreviations changing from k (thousands) to M (millions). Sometimes you will see 6,765k. Is it 10 million? Are there any rules from changing from singles to thousands and so on?

Thanks......Andy
  • 7 Comments
  •     steve November 29, 2011 8:50AM
    The breakpoint is roughly 10, e.g. 10k, 10 million, 10 billion...
    However, Omniscope will adapt following more complex rules, since you typically have a mix of large and small numbers.
    You can turn if off using Measures > Automatic numeric abbreviation, although currently this doesn't take effect for the 2.7 bar/line view scale labels.
  •     davedunckley January 20, 2012 10:47AM
    Hi,

I have many charts on one page, and some show abbreviated as K and others as M....which looks a little odd.

Is there a way of telling it to show as a either k or M, but not both..orautomatically fixing it as K if there is a value less than M? If not, is it something that we could have?

Thanks.....Dave
  •     steve January 24, 2012 11:21AM
    Omniscope determines a level of abbreviation to suit each chart. The wrong level means you'll have lots of zeroes or too much rounding. The only control you currently have is to make each bar independently abbreviated (you'll probably consider this even worse) or to turn off abbreviation altogether (resulting in too many digits/detail).

I've reclassified this as an idea - option to configure fixed level of abbreviation.
  • aalias August 11, 2014 5:22AM
    Hi, I'm wondering if any progress has been made to this idea? For example I have charts where I would like it to show in millions instead of billions (for consistency sake, with other charts) and we are not yet able to do this in Omniscope.
  •     michael August 11, 2014 7:16AM
    Hi,

This is still classified as an idea and not implemented so far.
  •     rng September 2, 2014 6:26AM
    At least the abbreviations could be consistent across sections within a bar view when 'Tiled'. This doesn't appear to be the case at the moment
  •     paola September 2, 2014 6:37AM
    Could you please post a sample file so we can look into this?
    Thanks

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership