Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Shared Exclusions Results by map on multiple tabs - Visokio Forums
Shared Exclusions Results by map on multiple tabs
  •        daniel November 28, 2011 3:17AM
    In the previous version of 2.6, it was able to share the same exclusions on multiple tabs. So if you had a map and used the "Keep" button to select a subset of data, you can go onto another tab and bring "Forward" the same kept results on the first tab and the bars and charts would update with that same selection. I used this to map large sets of data one one single page and used the subsequent tabs to display the results on different graph views negating the need to have a map on every tab and for the user to select the same area over and over again.

Is it possible to re-enable this linked tab behaviour on 2.7?
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve November 28, 2011 5:21AM
    This was unintended behaviour; regular tabs should be entirely isolated experiences.

You can achieve the same effect, or better, using advanced tabs. Create both tabs using the "Advanced" option, and untick "Filters".

When your users switch between the tabs, filters will be unaffected, allowing you to create a series of tabs which don't encapsulate filter state; your filters will be "carried over" between tabs.
  •        daniel November 28, 2011 5:46AM
    Thanks Steve, it worked great. Better than before now since it takes on sideabr filters as well kept selection.

I did have it differently named though, I had to untick "Query State" as I couldnt find a "Filters" option. That is the same thing I hope? I just went through each option to see what they did.

•     steve November 28, 2011 6:45AM
    Sorry, yes.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership