Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Dial View behaviour - Visokio Forums
Dial View behaviour
  • VoteVote Up0Vote Down     WKeith May 12, 2009 9:24AM
    When a Dial is added, it picks up the properties of the last one, but once you change the column it is reporting on, it loses the alerts, max/min, zones - The same happens if you make a change to a dial and apply it to all the dials on display - once you change the column, it loses the changes. It would be useful if you could apply these properties across all the dials on display, and for them to be retained if the column is changed.

Also it would be useful if in the same way you can pane pie charts, you could pane dials - Cheers
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve May 12, 2009 12:30PM
    Because the choice of field+function can dramatically affect the necessary range of the dial, settings are per-field+function. So a dial of the mean of X has different settings from a dial of the sum of X. Likewise, a dial of X has different settings from a dial of Y.

I can see the need for some help working with this in cases where you DO want to have the same settings for different fields. Perhaps an "apply current settings to all fields+functions" command?

Paning is something we hope to do soon.
  •     WKeith May 12, 2009 12:35PM
    Thanks for that - I have set up a model with 9 instances of a dial where all run from 0-100, (its a percent that is being measured) so being able to "apply all current setttings apart from the column" would be useful.

If there was paning, it might not be so neccessary!

Cheers
  •     chrisamott April 13, 2011 3:53AM
    I would support this, though I only have version 2.5 so maybe you included it in recent upgrades. I would also like the opportuity of setting the ranges and zones from a differnt column. I have 21 numerical columns which report the state of each record in 21 corresponding text columns. Each of the 21 dials report the sum of a single column but I would like the maximum value of each dial set to the number of records or even the maximum value of the column with the highest sum value. A big ask I guess, but hey, you never got anything by not asking.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged