Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Populate empty cells - Visokio Forums
Populate empty cells
  •     Mees November 3, 2011 11:25AM
    Hi guys,
    My table contains two columns and is attached.
    The Excel file attached contains an example of our current table structure and of the required structure.

In our current table, both columns contain empty cells. Empty cells in the first column must be populated with a value earlier in the column; the first value looking up. Empty cells in the second column may remain empty.

Can this be arranged in DM? Always possible in Excel with a lot of manual stuff, but dont want that. Having it in DM is so much better!

Hope you can help
    Thanks
    Arjan
  • 3 Comments
  •     steve November 3, 2011 1:06PM
    Am I right that you want to fill in the gaps with the nearest value above?

If so, see the attached solution. It involves creating a field containing the record index, so you can create subsets which refer to rows before and including the current row.
    Attachments
    Subsets before.iok 7K
  •     Mees November 3, 2011 4:36PM
    Steve, based on the results in your iok this is exactly what I need. Many thanks!
    I need to study your formula structure a bit more, as the intersection and subset_last formula's are new to me. Great stuff.
  •     steve November 4, 2011 4:57AM
    Also, for those who have access to 2.7, last night's build introduces a new function ROWINDEXSUBSET which avoids the need for a "Row index" field altogether. But this won't work in 2.6. Alpha-partners, see here:
    http://forums.visokio.com/discussion/1085/new-formula-functions-2.7-b105-

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership