Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Table Column edit function on tool bar - Visokio Forums
Table Column edit function on tool bar
  • kenhbradshaw October 31, 2011 3:52PM
    I am watching the Table View tutorial and I see the edit function on the toolbar being used to configure a column. But I cannot find the edit funtion on my toolbar. I have tried multiple toobars and I just don't find it
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate November 1, 2011 7:44AM
    Ken - Not really sure which column/field operation you are trying to perform...add a new field, re-type the data in a field, or edit/re-spell some values in the field?

From the Main Toolbar:

Data > Add field

Data > Manage fields > {select field} use first drop down menu to change data type.

Editing values within a column/field can be quickly done from the Sidebar...assuming the field has few enough unique values to be typed Category. First reveal the Sidebar:

Toolbars > tick Left or Right Sidebar

To edit category text values in an entire column, right click on the value to be changed/re-spelled in the Sidebar column category filter and choose Edit...then type the new value...the change will be applied throughout the entire column/field. Very fast way to standardise spelling across an entire file, or map sub-categories to fewer overall unique category values
  • kenhbradshaw November 1, 2011 11:14AM
    Thank. I had also figured this out. But, with apologies, I am bothered by your reply. It did not matter column operation I was trying to perform. What matter was that your tutorial did not match your actual screen . You choose to ignore the obvious and make me sound as if I was not exact in my question. I do not like that kind of service.
  •     tjbate November 1, 2011 12:14PM
    Ken - There are three different versions of Omniscope in widespread use; 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 alpha. There are many different videos of many different vintages outstanding, including videos posted by resellers on YouTube. Omniscope evolves very quickly based on user feedback in this Forum...it is not possible to assure that all videos match all 3 Omniscope versions in use. Sorry.
  • kenhbradshaw November 1, 2011 12:35PM
    You are doing it again. No one asked that all videos match. I only asked for the proper explaination. You were able to supply it with this second reply after I called you on it, but still you could not just answer it, you again implied I was asking something improper. No I wasn't. You could have/should have given me the straight answer the first time with out any moaning and complaining.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged