Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Removing file headers - Visokio Forums
Removing file headers
  •     sdhayes April 28, 2009 9:54AM
    I have a file which has garbage (page break with date of report, report author etc) every n rows. This denotes a page break for an output from a legacy system.
    When I import the data, Visokio treats everything as freetext and does not create text from otherwise tab-delimited data, which is would if the garbage was not there.

How do I remove the garbage. 5/6 rows appearing roughly every 60 rows.

Thanks.
  • 2 Comments
  •     steve April 28, 2009 12:32PM
    In the Table view, when you click in a cell, it selects that record and all other records with the same value. See if you can use this to identify the records to delete. Scroll down through the table to check you've isolated the right records. Then visit the Data menu and delete the selected records.

Alternatively, use the query devices to filter in or out the data you want to delete. Use a Table view's Subset button to select either the filtered-in or filtered-out data as appropriate, then select all data in the view and visit the Data menu to delete selected records.

Does this help?
  •     steve April 28, 2009 12:33PM
    Alternatively, if you only want to remove headers from the start of the file, you can customise the number of rows to skip using "Customise data import" in the "Open file" dialog.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership