Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Conditional Formatting - Visokio Forums
Conditional Formatting
  • p_parry October 11, 2011 4:30AM
    I am looking to use a date difference function to create a formula to quantify if a date is in a Red,Amber,Green status. There is no problem in creating this as a formula field but I am looking to use the result to colour the date with its associated colour. Does anybody know a simple way of doing this in a table view?
  • 4 Comments
  • antonio     antonio October 11, 2011 5:45AM
    Hello Philip,

You can achieve this by following the steps below:

1. Create a Formula field that has a string colour as output. For example, red, blue.
    2. Click on "Coloured by" > "By Single column", and choose the Formula field from the Table view toolbar.
    3. Click on "Coloured by" > "Columns enabled", and choose the date field from the Table view toolbar.

I attached a file demonstrating the above steps.

Regards,

Antonio
  • p_parry October 11, 2011 6:48AM
    Thanks Antonio, looking at this am I only able to do this with one column? as I have multiple columns I need to be formatted in this way all within a single table

Cheers

Phil
  • p_parry October 11, 2011 6:50AM
    Sorry to be abit clearer, the multiple columns will have their own formulas as well
  • antonio     antonio October 11, 2011 7:02AM
    Hi,

You can only select one Field in the "Coloured by" > "By Single column" option, but you can select more than one field in the Click on "Coloured by" > "Columns enabled" option, in order to colour multiple fields.

Regards

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership