Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Versions: 2.7 Category fields re-typed Text, Numeric or Date fields in 2.8? - Visokio Forums
Versions: 2.7 Category fields re-typed Text, Numeric or Date fields in 2.8?
  • Alexander     Alexander August 29, 2013 6:38AM
    Hi All,

We are upgrading to 2.8. So far we have not encountered any problems in data-flows. We have seen some new features, looks really good. Now we are publishing our 2,7 build dashboards with the 2,8 scheduler. The process works fine, but the field types in the dashboard are not what we expected. Category field have become text, numeric or date fields.

After investigating this issue the problem also occurs when opening the dashboard in 2.8.

Is this the expected behavior?

(using 2.8 b1088)
  • 6 Comments
  •     tjbate August 30, 2013 10:42AM
    Alex - Do you have a Validate Data block inserted in your DataManager flow...? What data typing does it show in the data being loaded into the Omniscope portable, in-memory data set that you see in DataExplorer tabs/views?

If you do not have one inserted ( it is good practise), what happens when you insert one?
  • Alexander     Alexander September 2, 2013 10:37AM
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks. When testing today with and without validate blocks, I was not able to reproduce the problem. I will continue testing and let you know if I encounter this problem again.

Thanks for now.

Alexander
  • Alexander     Alexander September 10, 2013 10:19AM
    Thomas,

I came accros this problem again today. We are using a template file that we refresh and save to another location. In the template file, some fields are category fields, when the data is refreshed, they are text fields. Can I send you these files for investigation?

Thanks.
  •     paola September 10, 2013 12:44PM
    Please send the files to our support at visokio address. Thanks
  • Alexander     Alexander September 10, 2013 2:24PM
    I have sent the files!
  •     paola September 11, 2013 4:56AM
    Thanks, someone will look into this and respond to you directly.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership