Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Idea: Filtering - Export/import multiple filter settings? - Visokio Forums
Idea: Filtering - Export/import multiple filter settings?
  • VoteVote Up1Vote Down Alfonso     Alfonso July 20, 2013 1:53PM
    Hi - The actual functionality allows a user to save the settings for only one Omniscope filter at a time, creating a separate exportable/importable XML file with the filter configuration. Because normally a model/scenario needs to impose/return several pre-defined filter settings at a time, I suggest adding a new option to allow a user to save in one operation a selection of filters, naming the combined/shareable XML file with the name of the model or scenario.

This would also be useful for saving/returning a file to the 'official' settings of all the filters on a tab or view or by groups.

Thanks for attention...Alfonso
  • 5 Comments
  •     steve July 24, 2013 1:55AM
    Do you mean filters or variables? Filters can be captured as "Queries" using the queries menu and from there can be restored, and also exported or imported as XML.

You can also use "Commit" and "Revert" to create a save point for each tab. Does this solve your requirement?
  • Alfonso     Alfonso July 24, 2013 5:10AM
    I'm referring to filters, I know the functionality my suggestions are:
    - Export: Let the user to select the filters 1..n to be exported in an unique process. a Tick in the selection grid should be the best solution. As a result of the process an XML for each filter selected should be created. (see the picture FiltersManagement1 attached)
    - Saving Panel: in the Selection Panel the vertical line cannot be moved by the user.. could you allow to move it, the asis situation doesn't allow seeing the labels involved in the selection. (see the picture FiltersManagement2)
    - Import: In The import process, Can you allow the possibility to select some (1.n) xml files at the same time, simplifying the filters upload?.

Regards,

Alfonsoimageimage
  •     steve July 25, 2013 1:27AM
    OK, you mean exporting/importing in bulk?

For example, you would tick "Calendarios" and "Calendarios_usuario" and get two files? Likewise, for import, the ability to select multiple files to be imported as separate queries.
  • Alfonso     Alfonso July 25, 2013 2:11AM
    Yes it is.
  •     steve July 25, 2013 2:33AM
    We've fixed the query menu - from the next 2.8 build, you'll see more of the query name displayed, with a tooltip on hover for the full name.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership