Visokio website     Downloads     Video tutorials     KnowledgeBase  
Filtering: Unexpectedly changing from original configuration? - Visokio Forums
Filtering: Unexpectedly changing from original configuration?
  • Alfonso     Alfonso July 3, 2013 6:35AM
    Hi....I am supplying pre-configured files to clients, but after some cycles of data refresh, changes in views and management filters, I'm seeing some troubles with filter settings;
    - Some filters randomly change from the configuration I set up initially...
    - Sometimes, the filters lose completely their configuration...?

As the result, the user loses data or a lot of time identifying what's happening, or open an support issue. Is there any workflow to protect or to change the 'official' filters we set up at the begining in automatic mode and in the IOK open process?

Thanks in advance, Alfonso
  • 4 Comments
  •     tjbate July 3, 2013 12:12PM
    Alfonso - Not sure, but this may be a problem with validating the incoming values in each field? Are you using Validate data blocks and other alerts/filters to stop 'rogue' values (valores imprevistos) from refreshing into the fields?
  • Alfonso     Alfonso July 3, 2013 12:37PM
    Hi Tjbate,

The refresh process is a long workflow process wich involves many types of blocks in an automatic process, and no Validate blocks are used.

Below I show you an example of I've found after some time of refreshing data in the model, and I think isn't a manual change.

The Filter has two parts the first one declared by me (inside the rectangle), and the second one made by someone possibly the system. (I'm not sure).
    I made the filter two months ago and now it shows this structure. What I need is to protect the filter I made to avoid changes from others.

Alfonso

Attachments
    filter changed .png 11K
  •     steve July 4, 2013 7:56AM
    Alfonso,

Please try to identify two versions of an IOK file which differ in this way. Perhaps you have backups? Or perhaps you can start creating daily backups?

Steve
  •     alec_webliquid July 8, 2013 7:01AM
    I have noticed this happens when saving a file in 2.8 and then re-opening in 2.7, or vice versa. In particular, whenever I set a record filter to be ">" it gets changed to ">=" in the other version.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership